RSS

Japan 2015 - Shin Okubo (Kpop town) #JAFUNtasticDuo #CEBTravels

Narita Airport + Shin-Okubo



From Cebu, Philippines to Narita, Japan it would take 4-5hours. The flight schedule was early and so I just slept throughout the entire time. This is my 1st international flight with Cebu Pacific and I am impressed, we didn't get any turbulence and it was very calm.

The weather when we arrived in Japan was not so welcoming. There was a heavy rain plus carrying a big luggage is not easy. In Japan, transportation cost  is high compare to the other countries I have been. We need to take a train from Narita airport to Tokyo.

Once we are done claiming our baggage, we need to get our transportation tickets. Since we are tourists we are privileged to avail the JRpass but since we bought the 7 days only and we are here for 10 days, we bought NEX round trip ticket for  4000yen. NEX or Narita Express is convenient to use since it provides  easy access with no transfers plus it's new.
The airport staffs can speak a little bit of English and they are very helpful.



Narita -> Shin-Okubo

Accommodation : Shin Okubo hotel

Shin-Okubo is like the Korea town of Japan. Kpop music is everywhere. Almost everything related to kpop can be found there, from merchandise, restaurants, beauty products, noraebang, cafe and some fan projects. That time there are fanproject for FT Island's Hongki.

Both official and fanmade merchandises can be found there. The whole street is full of kpop items, I am not sure if it's the whole shin-okubo is a Korea town or it's just the place near our hotel.
This was really unexpected to begin with, I know that Shin-okubo is a popular place for kpop items but I wasn't expecting that I can find it easily.

There are lots of shops there some can be found underground, like HBA shops or kpop inspired apparels.



Since I am a kpop fan, I cannot resist purchasing kpop items.
The price is affordable though and some shops would give you freebies.




Yep, I love this place .

End :) 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment